IRS - Where's My Refund?


Do you know Where’s My Refund? has the most up to date information available about your refund. Use it to get your personalized refund status. The tool is updated once a day so you don't need to check more often. You can also download a free mobile app, I R S 2 Go, from an iPhone or Android device. Both are available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. You can start checking on the status of your return within 24 hours after the IRS has received your e-filed return or 4 weeks after you have mailed a paper return. Have your tax return handy so you can provide your social security number, your filing status, and the exact whole dollar amount of your refund shown on your return. If you don't have Internet access, you may call the refund hotline at 800-829-1954. Where’s My Refund? includes information for the most recent tax year filed in the current year and does not include information about amended returns. To check the status of an amended return, use Where’s My Amended Return? The Where’s My Refund? tool includes a tracker that displays progress through 3 stages: (1) Return Received, (2) Refund Approved, and (3) Refund Sent. Where’s My Refund? will provide an actual personalized refund date as soon as the IRS processes your tax return and approves your refund. Where’s My Refund? provides the most accurate and complete information that IRS has. Remember, unless Where’s My Refund? tells you to call IRS, there’s no need. Also note that updates to refund status are made no more than once a day - usually at night.